Howell Twp

Howell Township was founded in 1836 and was originally included in what are now the Townships of Oceola and Marion and the City of Howell. In 1960, the population was 1,540 residents. The 2010 census reported a population of 6,702. The population has been steadily growing, with the largest growth of 64.8% between 1970–1980.  Howell homestead property taxes are ~23.4 Mils.

Howell Township is a General Law Township with a board of trustees made up of the Supervisor, Clerk, Treasurer, and four Trustees. Howell Township Hall is located at 3525 Byron Road, Howell, MI 48855. The phone number is (517) 546-2817.  The mixture of single- and multiple-family residential housing, commercial and industrial properties, and farming creates a comfortable environment to raise a family or conduct business. Students in Howell Township attend Howell School of Choice.

Sample of Current Properties Available – Search All Available Properties

Howell Township’s infrastructure includes a new state-of-the-art wastewater treatment plant, and public water is supplied through the Marion, Howell, Oceola, Genoa Water Authority (MHOG).  A master plan for sewer and water has been formulated by the Township as a tool for future growth. Properties not on public sewer and water are serviced by private septic and wells.

Call Now
Directions